Tuesday 27 November 2012

Activities for kids - Mix Vege

My lil prince have been pestering me daily to do activities with him.  He saw me giving some motor skills activities (scooping) to lil princess, he too wanted to have some fun on his own.

Yesterday, we made some simple salad.  I used the Watties Mixe Vegetables and my Kewpie mayonnaise sauce.   For a start, I boiled the mix vegetables and allowed it to cool before giving it to my lil prince.

First, he  poured all the mixed vege into a big bowl.  Next, squeeze the mayonnaise in the bowl and mixed them together.  Here's our homemade vege salad.  Simple and Sedap!
What I like best about this activity was to see both my kids eating vegetables!!  Both of them sharing a bowl of mix vegetables prepared by kor-kor.  I realized that in order to get my lil ones to eat more vegetables, they need to be involve in the process of making / cooking them too.  Perhaps, for them, it's all their hard work and that's why they appreciate the food more?
 I love this photo so much.  Both of them sharing a chair together and also a bowl of mix vegetables.  So sweet ^__^


14 comments:

  1. Wow, something nice to get the kids involved! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, since it was school holidays. Need to have more activities to keep the kids busy:P

      Delete
  2. I love mix veggies in mayonnaise, but I am not sure whether my kids will like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, can give it a try. I'm sure your kids will love it.

      Delete
  3. oh..this is fun and so yummy too. how come i never thought of using this as mixed vege salad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya...i use mix vege coz that's the only vege available in my fridge :)

      Delete
  4. aww... such lovely bonding~

    I used mixed vege, mashed potato, kewpie mayo, pinch of salt and pepper for my salad. I get my girl to help me in the making process, but she's so picky she won't even eat a pea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaa....no wonder, I thought something was missing from my salad, a pinch of salt and pepper! Thank you for reminding me, Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. good boy. sharing and also eat vege

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya, helps to foster good relationship...hehehehe

      Delete
  6. So sweet! Love this sibling love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too love to see both of them together!

      Delete
  7. Time flies...your girl is so big edy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy Ling,
      Yup, time flies so fast! Seems like yesterday when she was born.

      Delete