Monday 7 May 2012

Ice Activity

 We did an 'Ice Activity' last weekend.  I used two animals, one lion and one hippopotamus and freeze them overnight in a container.  The next day, I took it out and let the kids play around with it.  It was a good way to teach my lil princess that ice is cold and also to teach her about animals.  I remember reading about this activity for kid in one of the homeschooling website.

What I like about this activity is because it can make both my kids sit down for few minutes (until the ice melts).  At least for 20 minutes, I can do some house chores without worrying where was my lil princess is (where she will be either climbing on the sofa or sometimes on the table.  At first, I thought I only have one hyper-active son, now as days goes by, I think I have two hyper-active kids at home!

From the photo you can see how engrossed both of them were until they refuse to look up when I want to snap a photo!

I will definately freeze more animals the next round ^__^

3 comments:

  1. Oh..what a brilliant idea..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I think Chloe will enjoy playing with this too, esp now that the weather is hot. Let me go freeze some toys and give her a surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mummy Gwen. Good to keep the kids busy.

    ChloeRuoyi,
    Yaya, it's a good activity for kids with the hot weather lately!

    ReplyDelete