Wednesday 25 April 2012

Konnyaku Jelly

 I bought a packet of Konnyaku Jelly few weeks ago from Giant and almost forgotten about it till yesterday while I was cleaning my kitchen cabinet.  I didn't have any mix fruits except for some strawberries and a can of Nata de Coco.  Mixed both of the fruits in my konnyaku jelly.  Actually, this is my first time making Konnyaku jelly.  I've never tried making it before.


I used my heart-shaped mould, fish mould and I called the other mould my mixture mould as it has a mix of ball, teddy bear, butterfly and etc.




Here's the outcome of my Konnyakku jelly creation.

I think the next round, I'll buy some mix fruit so that my konnyaku jelly will have some variety of colours :).  This time it looks a bit plain.

I also tried making my 'fish jelly', with the eyes.  From the photo, one of the fish eye came off ^__^ while I was pouring the jelly mixture.





Luckily, these two fishes are okay.  Hope to improve the next round!

8 comments:

  1. Your Konnyaku Jelly looks good,especially the fish one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...i baru learnt how to make this a few moths ago. Usually i used the old jelly. hahaha...me very out dated

    kathy

    http://www.smallkucing.com
    http://mamakucingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute...how to eat the fish ar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sheoh Yan,
    Thanks! This was my first trial!

    @Small Kucing,
    Me too, usually used the old jelly. Konnyaku jelly also taste good!

    @Mummy Ling,
    Thanks!...just masuk dalam mulut!...hehehehe...too nice to be eaten hor..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I tried making konnyaku jelly twice and twice also failed :( It didn't set properly eventhough I followed the instructions carefully. Dunno what went wrong.. made me so de-motivated, I don't even want to try again although I love eating it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ChloeRuoyi,
      Don't give up. I also failed a few times! Practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  6. Kitty, I don't think I can make something so pretty as that. This is your first trial and you got it so perfect? I am impressed. Thanks so much for your visit and your kind words. Hope to see you around often. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quay Po Cooks,
      You are my sifu! You make even more delicious stuff. I still have a long long way to go.

      Delete