Monday 9 April 2012

Snax Box # 043 Steamed Mantou

How was your weekend?  Hope all of you had a good rest during the weekend.  We went to my dad's place to 'camp' overnight.  My lil prince like to use the word 'camp' coz all of us will be sleeping in one room.  It's like camping to him :).  Hopefully, one day, I can show him the real meaning of camping.

I steamed two mantou for lil prince snack box today.  I bought a packet of mantou from the market last week and forgotten about it until yesterday.  The mantau came in three different colours ie. green, brown and yellow.  Too bad, my box can only fit two mantou, so I gave him the green and brown mantou.  Lil prince also ate mantou for his breakfast this morning.  *sigh*...his menu for today is only 'mantou'....but he loves it!  Probably he was attracted to the colours.  Next time, I shall buy more from the supermarket.  If I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing some mantou comes in different kinds of flavours.

The side dishes for his snack box are grapes, cherry tomatoes, biscuits and some coco pops!

Have a great week ahead!!

5 comments:

  1. very nice bento snack box indeed.

    Btw Kitty, can I just seek some advice from you..everytime when I pack these mantou for my boy, the mantou seems to be harden by the time he has his break at 10:00am. Same goes to those mini pau. Any idea how to tackle this problem?

    Latest Post: Easter Day 1985

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could take 2 mantau at one go. He is a very good eater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mantou. i got mine from JJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kit Boy Mummy,
    Thank you for your compliments! I'm so sorry as I was not aware the the mantou will be harden by the time my boy eat it. He also had his snack at 10am. I steam the mantou in the morning before packing it for him. It does get a lil bit harden but still edible for him, I guess.

    @Mummy Ling,
    Me too, love mantou!!

    @Sheoh Yan,
    He just adores the colours! It attracts him to eat :P.

    @Merryn,
    Good idea, I should buy some from JJ. I think they hv more varieties there! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete